Studio Portraits

I was very excited last weekend – I finally bought my first studio lighting kit. Two 300 watt lights with stands, a soft-box, some reflective umbrellas and a backdrop kit.

All pretty basic. I didn’t want to spend too much because I haven’t built my studio yet and I don’t have anywhere to KEEP all this stuff! (We have a pretty big house, considering there’s just two of us living here, yet there never seems to be enough space.)

Angela & Mike and their baby were visiting so I asked if they would sit for me so I could try out the set-up. Well, we were really just messing around – 90% of the photos are not for public consumption! – but the other 10% came out pretty well, I think šŸ™‚

The soft-box, set at a 45-degree angle to the model, and slightly higher than their head, plus a black backdrop – and there you have it. Beautifully modeled shots, so different to the effect you get with available light.

Angela for Web

Mike for Web

Daddy's Little Boy copy for Web

Angie & Carl for Web

I even managed to get Hubby to pose with Mike, wrapped in a bright pink feather boa šŸ™‚

Glenn & Mike for Web

I have a feeling studio photography is going to be FUN!!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s